AMC brought us The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead – now we get the TV show The Terror, produced by Ridley Scott.
The Terror will premiere on March 26, 2018, and is the new Ridley Scott produced TV show on AMC.
While we don’t know much about this new TV show, the plot is being described in the following way:
Based on a novel by Dan Simmons, inspired by a true story, “The Terror” centers on the Royal Navy’s perilous voyage into unchartered territory as the crew attempts to discover the Northwest Passage. Faced with treacherous conditions, limited resources, dwindling hope, and fear of the unknown, the crew is pushed to the brink of extinction. Frozen, isolated, and stuck at the end of the earth, “The Terror” highlights all that can go wrong when a group of men, desperate to survive, struggle not only with the elements but with each other.
We’re definitely excited about this one. And yes, we’re loving the “inspired by true events” part as well.
It does, however, seem strange that it’s set to premiere just as Spring is beginning.
Then again, maybe watching a TV show about being “frozen, isolated and stuck” is a bit too much for us all to handle in the middle of winter.
Stellar cast for The Terror
The ten-episode AMC series stars:
- Jared Harris (“The Crown,” “Mad Men”) as Captain Francis Crozier
- Tobias Menzies (“Outlander”) as Captain James Fitzjames
- Ciarán Hinds (“Game of Thrones”) as Sir John Franklin
- Paul Ready (“Cuffs”) as Dr. Henry Goodsir
- Adam Nagaitis (Suffragette) as Cornelius Hickey
- Nive Nielsen (The New World) as Lady Silence
- Ian Hart (Finding Neverland) as Thomas Blanky
- Trystan Gravelle (“Mr. Selfridge”) as Henry Collins
Get ready for the 2-hour pilot on AMC on March 26, 2018.
In the meanwhile, watch the teaser trailer for AMC’s The Terror below: