The Plot of The Black Demon:
When oilman Paul Sturges takes his family to Bahia Negra, the crown jewel of Baja and the site of Paul’s best-performing rig, the vibrant Mexican coastal town he once knew has mysteriously crumbled. In the decrepit ghost town, the last inhabitants tell Paul the offshore platform has awoken ‘El Demonio.’
Scared to be left alone, the family follows Paul out to the platform and just after they get on, the man and boat that risked bringing them is ferociously attacked by a massive black shark. This shark is unlike any other creature; a shark of legend, known as The Black Demon. It has laid claim to the local waters aggressively protecting mother nature against human threats. It kills everything and repeatedly charges the oil rig itself, threatening to destroy it.
Paul and his family are stranded with the few men who have survived and now discover explosive charges have been set on the legs of the platform. Under constant attack by the giant monster and with the time literally ticking away, Paul must find a way to somehow get his family back to shore alive.
Trailer for The Black Demon:
- Horror Coming to Netflix in June 2023 - May 26, 2023
- INTERVIEW: Writer/Director Berkley Brady Discusses Her New Film, Dark Nature - May 23, 2023
- Horror Coming to Netflix in May 2023 - April 27, 2023
- In Theaters: April 28, 2023
- On VOD: May 30, 2023
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director: Adrian Grunberg
- Writer: Boise Esquerra (script), Carlos Cisco (story)
- Cast: Josh Lucas, Fernanda Urrejola, Julio Cesar Cedillo, Venus Ariel, Héctor Jiménez, Raúl Méndez